May 06, 2004
Last Sunday, my group of friends celebrated Anna's birthday with her in advance. While Anna was sending me home, we chatted a bit about her relationship with her bf. There's this question that kept popping up.
Love & dating...15
"... but then again, what is love and what does it mean to love a person?"
Some of Anna's suggestions to the meaning of loving a person included giving in to a person's unreasonable behaviour, and wanting to be with a person every minute of the day.
I honestly don't really know what is love, and what does it mean to love a person. And in a way, I'm glad I don't. 'cos that means that I'm still finding an answer, and I must say, sorta enjoying the process to finding the answer. Err, getting super pissed off sometimes, of course, but there's always enough reasons to get over the pissed part. And always enough sane friends around to make me regain perspective, Thank Goodness!
At around the same time, a most unlikely person asked me another related question that I didn't manage to answer.
"Do people nowadays have trial periods for loving a person (30days money back guarantee...)?"
I don't know. I only know that I'm a quite an idealist when it comes to love. Quite a stubborn person, for better or for worse. hee.. Stop chuckling, those of you who know what I mean! Grrr....
I will decide on something. Then, do it. I may stop to think about the decision but I will not look back upon a decision made. I believe I only need to decide what to do with the time that is placed before me. The past is but a lesson and the future is but a consequence of the decision I make now. Then, I start crossing my fingers. haha
Do we try to love someone before deciding to love him/her or do we decide to love someone and then try to love him/her with whatever, however we can? I think I'm the latter.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 00:49